Lutheran Ministry began in the Didsbury area over 100 years ago. On December 1, 1907, St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Westcott was organized.
In 1915, services were held in the Town of Didsbury, and on December 21, 1927, St. John's Lutheran Church was formed.
On November 29, 1945, the two congregations joined to become Redeemer Lutheran Church, Didsbury. It received its incorportaion in the province of Alberta on March 22, 1946. Ground was broken on June 26, 1947, for a new building which was dedicated on Reformation Day, October 31, 1948.
Construction on the present facility began September 25, 1979, and the building was dedicated on June 15, 1980.